31 Oct 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #2

Wishlist Wednesday is a blogger meme hosted at Pen to Paper where bloggers feature the books on their wishlists. You can join in on the hop over at Pen to Paper's blog by clicking here.

This week I'm wishing I had obtained this series a while ago, but alas, it has yet to grace my bookshelf with its presence:



Series Title: Maze Runner trilogy
Books in Series: The Kill Order (prequel), The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, The Death Cure
Author: James Dashner
Blurb
When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.


Yep, this week I'm wishing I had The Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner. I have heard many great things about this series, and there have been so many times I've gone to the bookstore to get it, only to come home with different books. Each time I get home I beat myself up thinking 'Why? Why didn't I pick it up?' And then I remember: 'Oh, right. The store had the paperbacks of the first two novels and the hardcovers of the final book'. I'm big into my books in a series all being either paperback or hardcover. I really like matching covers, okay? It's killing me that my Shatter Me trilogy is going to be all messed up, but... that's something to get into later.

So basically I'm waiting on this series to all be out in paperback so it will all match. I might be able to get the hardcover of the prequel and be okay with it, but we'll see. Or maybe I'll use my bookstore discount and spend the extra cash on the hardcovers if I can get them sent to the store. Hmm... Either way, The Maze Runner Trilogy needs to find its way onto my shelf and then into my hands!!

1 comments:

  1. IT'S SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! I love love love Thomas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for sharing your thoughts! Feel free to link me to your blog as well so I can return the comment love :)