22 Nov 2012

I Am Not Dead

I'm not dead, I promise!

Things have become really busy for me, and while I've been reading and have some books I could write reviews on, there have been others things I've needed to work on.
NaNoWriMi, for example. I've been getting more hours at my new job, and with the holiday season upon us, work's been getting busier and busier. As I write this, I should be working on today's NaNo count, because I'm barely scraping by right now, but I've also got the beginnings of a headache.
I'm not even sure this blog post is making any sense! Haha.

Basically, I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I have the start of a review for The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa saved as a draft, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to write the rest of it up (seriously, all I have right now is the formatting, the star rating, and 'Ethan is all grown up!', which might not even make it into the actual review, haha). I did not even post a Wednesday meme like I have been for the past while.

I'm honestly not sure when I'll get a decent post up here, but bare with me. I have no plans on giving up this blog; it's just a busy time of year and a busy month.

But let's do something fun before I go. Some very mini reviews for you all...

What I'm currently reading: Reached by Ally Condie.
What is it? The final book in the Matched trilogy.
How is it so far? Fantastic! I love the new point of views we're seeing and I'm enjoying Xander's the best. For anyone who was worried the series was going downhill after Crossed (I know a lot of people did not enjoy it as much as they did Matched), you need to read this one. It's paced great and is already more interesting than Crossed. Don't let your thoughts on the second book bring you down! (I for one enjoyed Crossed, though not as much as I did Matched and not as much as I am Reached, but like I said, I know a lot of people did not like Crossed very much).

What did I read before Reached? The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse.
Thoughts: It was a quick read and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I'm interested to see where it will go. I had a few qualms with the portrayal of Canadians (which I might make a video about because there's a bit I feel the need to talk about), but the rest was great. Not my favourite dystopian, but certainly quite interesting and definitely worth the read.

What are you guys reading right now? Let me know in the comments :)

0 comments:

Leave a comment...

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for sharing your thoughts! Feel free to link me to your blog as well so I can return the comment love :)